Board of Education Meetings
First Thursday of each month at 5 p.m. in the Administration Building Conference Room, Verona campus. All meetings are open to the public.
Board decisions affect the education and general well-being of the community. Constituents are best represented when members of the community take the time to observe the Board in action, express opinions and ask questions.
Responsibilities of the Board
- Defining the philosophy of the BOCES
- Setting goals and objectives to achieve desired education progress
- Employing professional educators to meet those goals
- Establishing policies for the operation of the BOCES
- Evaluating the effectiveness of BOCES programs and services
- Developing a budget consistent with educational needs and community resources
- Communicating the needs and progress of the BOCES to the community, component school districts, educational governing boards, and legislators